BS 476:24 SYSTEMS
CASWELL FIRESAFE® non-coated fire resisting ductwork systems are classed as Passive Fire Protection and have achieved the highest verified fire resistance to protect against the spread of fire from one compartment to another within a building.
They provide this assurance without the need for enclosures, spray coatings or fabric coverings.
The CASWELL FIRESAFE® system was first developed and tested in the early 2000’s in accordance with British Standard BS476:Part 24 (1987) at Warrington Fire Research (now Warringtonfire – part of Element Materials Technology Ltd).
The products we provide have been tested to this British Standard for up to 240 minutes Stability & Integrity and up to 240 minutes Insulation for both Fire Outside Duct (Type A) and Fire Inside Duct (Type B) scenarios.
Go to EN 1366-1 & 8 for details of our range specifically designed to meet harmonised European Standards and CE marking requirements.
CASWELL FIRESAFE® products are also used for Smoke Control; quickly and safely exhausting smoke and, as an integral part of a pressurised system, prevent it from entering protected escape routes to maximise valuable escape time. Ducts which penetrate compartment walls and floors must achieve the same fire resistance as the compartments through which they pass.
Key specification parameters:
- Rectangular duct up to 3000 mm x 3000 mm
- Circular duct up to 1250mm diameter
- Special panel construction ducts up to 8000 mm longest side
- Horizontal and vertical orientations
- Available in Mild Steel, Galvanised Steel & Stainless Steel
- Conventional or Fully Welded ‘Grease Tight’ construction
- Test evaluation for ‘Fire Outside’ & ‘Fire Inside’ scenarios
- Fire rated Access Doors (Insulated and Uninsulated)
- Fire rated Silencers
- Bespoke design for ductwork support systems
- Insulation systems providing 30 > 240 minute ratings
FFRDL Product Summary Schedule (C-BS) details the full range of capabilities for which CASWELL FIRESAFE® is certified under BS476:Part24. These apply equally to horizontal and vertical (riser) ductwork.
An EN 1366-1 & 8 (C-EN) version is also available on request.
We work closely with UL® (our Notified Body) and have our products listed on their online system. CASWELL FIRESAFE® is also listed in conjunction with our UK licenced Partner in the Red Book LiveContact Us